Thursday, December 3, 2009

Will The Chocolate Still Be Hot When I Finish?


How often do you get the opportunity to run a race and beat a couple of thousand people? That chance could be yours on Saturday at the Hot Chocolate Run.

Last year, the race was a lot of fun, even if I did finish near the back of the pack, in 1369th place. There were a lot of happy people participating in the walk and the run, and a lot of people out supporting the walkers and the runners, despite the 13-degree temperatures. It felt like one big City party, and everyone was invited.

Everyone's invited again this year, and I have the feeling that this year it's going to seem like everyone showed up. A quick check of the race's website shows that they're expecting 4500 people to register for the event. By comparison, in 2007, the race had 835 runners, according to the Republican.

Normally I don't like crowds, but this is a spectacle that I can walk to--and run away from, if necessary--so I'm looking forward to it. It will be a great way to kick off the Holiday Season in Northampton. Oh, and my back has healed enough so that I can participate. So I'll see you at the starting line.

No comments:

Post a Comment