Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hey, Good Lookin'

It was 15 or so degrees when I left my house this morning to go for a run. When I got back home, I decided to take a picture of myself, not because I knew how ridiculous I looked (not exactly, anyway) but because I just wanted to document myself on the occasion of my 43rd birthday. Here's the picture.



Yes, those are icicles. And yes, this is the GOOD picture.

Anyway, it's my birthday, something I don't necessarily announce or celebrate too blatantly. But it occurred to me while I was out running, one great thing about having kids who are 7 and 10 now is that they get SO excited about birthdays in general--and even more so when they are closely related to the person who's having the birthday--that they can make even middle-aged birthdays fun. Today I'll follow their lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment