Friday, November 13, 2009

No Thank You



In its automated and relentless drive to bring people together, Facebook ignored how I chose to ignore its matchmaking recommendation from a almost a year ago that I become friends with someone I have no intention of friending. The faceless Facebook may know from its study of those mysterious analytics who has a similar history to me, but for all of its intelligence, it can never truly know or understand what's in my heart. Yes--I'm human and that's something you'll never understand. Sure, you may have birthdays--and there might even be cake--but you'll never know the pain of having a birthday party ruined by a six-year-old jerk who's grown up to be a forty-something-year-old asshole. And I've filled my quota of those, thank you very much.

I will click "ignore" and enjoy doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment