Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Missing Trees


That's a picture of Jackson Street from the bike path overpass looking towards Jackson Street School. If I'd taken this picture a few months ago, you'd see a lot more trees on the right side. Those are all gone now. But the trees were not removed to make way for the improved sidewalk/bike path ramp project. According to the ever-helpful Jackson Street School Newsletter, most of the trees were removed by the abutting property owner because they wanted to remove them.



This image is from Jackson Street looking down towards the bike path. It's pretty amazing how quickly this project is moving forward--I'm assuming the cooperative weather has something to do with it. And it's also pretty amazing that the entrance to the bike path from Jackson Street was so treacherous for so long. I've ridden down that path many times with only one thought in my head: "I hope I don't flip over." Now it will be something I'll tell my kids about, about how easy they have it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment