Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Think I'm Going To Barf--Where's The Finish Line?




Over the past few weeks, my running routine has been interrupted by a persistent pain in my leg. I'm happy to report that after consulting with an athletic trainer (thank you, Melissa!) I've been able to run recently pretty much without any pain. So now I find myself looking for a challenge. Sure, the Hot Chocolate Run is only a few weeks away, but last year I "ran" that race with my younger son, and we finished, shall we say, towards the back of the pack. I anticipate the same thing this year; in other words, not as much of a challenge as I would like.

But I don't think I'd be able to handle the Krispy Kreme Challenge. Sure, it sounds simple enough: run two miles, eat a dozen donuts, and then run two more miles. But think about for a little while and imagine what it must feel like to run after eating 12 donuts. And then think about what needs to be cleaned up on the race route afterwards, and I'm not talking crumpled up plastic cups and bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment