Friday, October 2, 2009

My Son Could Be A Genius But He Watches Too Much Television

My wife was driving our two sons home from school the other day when she heard our younger son explaining his work or art to his brother. "That's Lenny," he said. "And that's Carl." My wife didn't know what the heck he was talking about until they all got home and she saw the work of art our younger son did during "free draw" time in first grade art class.



The Simpsons is one of my favorite television shows (hey--a blogger likes the Simpsons? Go figure, right?). Lenny and Carl are minor characters on the show, and they spend a lot of their time at Moe's tavern, which, if you can't really see, is what my son chose to draw. The tavern is surrounded by some other Simpsons' characters, including Homer:



Don't see it? As any artist will tell you, it's the details that count. Just compare it to a picture of the real Homer:



I'm just surprised that he didn't do a picture of Masterpiece Theater, since that show's always on at our house. But Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. You're identification of Lenny and Carl as "minor characters" makes me question the bona fides of your various degrees.

    ReplyDelete