Sunday, October 25, 2009

Changing Priorities

I suppose it's something not exclusive to Northampton and environs, but ever since I've moved here, I've noticed the creative use of slightly modified road signs to promote various agendas. There's the one on the bike path in Florence, that I always kick myself for not having a camera on me when I run by, that has "Developing" spray painted on it, so that now it says "Stop Developing." Don't really know what that means, but whatever. For the longest time there was the Do Not Pass sign on Prospect Street in front of Childs Park that someone had modified to read "Do Ass." Heh.

Then there's this sign at the intersection of Summer and Prospect Streets. I finally managed to stop and take a picture of it.



What's interesting about this sign is that someone put the bumper sticker over a spray painted modification that someone else had already made; if you look closely, you can see the faded "War" there, so it once said Stop War. Certainly a noble sentiment. But what the heck, Stop Listening to Awful Music is important, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment