Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Very Special Day, Update I

I went to Serio's to pick up a sandwich for lunch. I work in Easthampton and could have easily picked up something there, but I wasn't getting enough Override news through email and over the Internet, so I figured I'd drive through Northampton to see what I could see.

As I waited to make my order, I made small talk with a local salesman who commented that he'd heard me on Bill Dwight's show. I said that didn't really surprise me, since he worked for the radio station. He said that someone asked him about the override, even though he didn't live in Northampton and admittedly didn't know a lot about it. Nevertheless, he said he told the person to vote for it, because either way, the government is going to get your money.

A fatalistic attitude, to be sure, and one that wouldn't really fit nicely onto a lawn sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment