Friday, January 22, 2010

Will Scott Brown Fix This Problem?



UPDATE: There's an article in today's Gazette about efforts begun in Northampton to stop this behavior. There's also a Facebook page devoted to it called: Stop the Republican from Delivering Supplements. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with a bug up his ass about this.
 
I don't subscribe to the Republican, and because I don't subscribe, I've been targeted by an evil entity who comes under the cover of darkness and litters my yard with "Extra" editions of the paper wrapped in lavender plastic bags.  I haven't been able to discern a particular pattern about exactly when and where they'll strike; I just know that on some mornings I'll put out of my driveway to head to work and the street will be lined with  lavender bags. 

I don't know how the Republican can get away with this wide-scale littering.  I think Scott Brown should look into this immediately after he's seated--or maybe he can do it now, since he's not actually working right now.

I took the above picture a week ago and it's taken me a week to call the Republican and ask them to please stop littering on my lawn.  It's not that I haven't tried, but the customer service people are available only between 6 and 10 a.m.  I finally got someone on the phone this morning and after answering their irrelevant questions, such as what my phone number is so that they could look me up in their system--and I'm not in their system because I'm not a subscriber, but then again, maybe I'm in their system because I'm a non-subscriber...

Anyway, the operator asked me what she could help me with.  I replied that I would like her to stop littering on my lawn with her newspapers.  I heard her tapping away and then she said, "you're all set."

We'll see.  I'm not convinced.   

2 comments:

  1. It is wierd that in this era of falling newspaper revenue they can still afford to throw around paper like that. They should save their energies and add a few more pages to their super light Monday editions, that they have nerve to charge 75 cents for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony,

    You're right--and also in this era of falling revenue, they seem to feel that they can afford to piss off a large portion of potential clients.

    But I suppose it's like spam--some people have to be signing up for a subscription based on the "Extra" in the purple bag.

    ReplyDelete