Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Shopping Locally


I saw this sign--or pair of signs--at the new Walgreen's on King Street.  This can't be good for the environment, causing all of those delivery trucks to sit there idling while the driver has to decipher what to do.

On a completely unrelated note, I went to the new Racing Mart the other day to buy a gallon of milk.  I was enticed by their advertised low price of $2.19 a gallon.  I should have know that something fishy was going on: I gave the clerk $2.25, she punched in the appropriate numbers into the register and then looked up at me.  "Do you want your penny?" She said as she made a face as if it wasn't a penny she was going to give me but a turd. 

"Sure," I said.  "Why not."

That's how they get you: lure you in with a $2.19 deal and then try to keep the penny.  Be warned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment