Thursday, May 28, 2009

Look, Up In The Sky!

Early Sunday evening, the peace and quiet of a beautiful Memorial Day weekend was interrupted by the thwack-thwack-thwack of a helicopter circling the Barret Street Marsh at such a low altitude that at some moments it was below the tree tops.

Here's what I'm talking about



I took that picture with my cell phone, and as I rode down the bike path, along Jackson Street, and then down Barret Street, I saw a lot of other people out watching the helicopter and taking their own pictures with their own cell phones. Seeing the helicopter circling around was thrilling and it got me thinking about possible reasons for why it could be there: manhunt? Bear? Moose? Sasquatch? Missing person?

What struck me as kind of ironic is that so many people had these great little devices packed full of technology, but they couldn't help us at all to answer the one question we had on our minds: what was going on? I had to wait until the next day to find out what all the hub-bub was about. And that kind of took all the fun out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment